[OSM-talk] middle aged car driving golf players?

Andy Robinson Andy_J_Robinson at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Jul 4 12:01:14 BST 2007

Frederik Ramm [mailto:frederik at remote.org] wrote:
>Sent: 04 July 2007 11:56 AM
>To: Andy Robinson
>Cc: 'Tom Hughes'; talk at openstreetmap.org
>Subject: Re: [OSM-talk] middle aged car driving golf players?
>
>Hi,
>
>> I assume we are still using http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-
>> sa/2.0/
>>
>> So something perhaps like?:

>We could also do it in the response headers rather than extending our
>XML for it:

>2.0/ by OSM contributors.
>
>or so. It is meta data anyway, so it would be well placed in the
>headers.

That idea has some appeal. And thinking more about copyright I don’t see how
we can state that at all, because nobody is in a position to be able to give
approval for the use of the data if they ask. At best a <copyleft> might be
better.

If we draw from wikipedia then...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Copyrights

Cheers