[OSM-talk] AND donate entire street network of Netherlands to OSM

Immanuel Scholz imi at eigenheimstrasse.de
Wed Jul 4 16:03:16 BST 2007

> Automotive Navigation Data <http://www.and.com/> (AND) is a leading
> provider of location, routing, mapping and address management are
> donating a street network of the entire Netherlands
> <http://www.and.com/company/newsletter/newsletter10/art01en.php>. Yes,
> an entire country.

Really, I try not to be skeptical, but what do they have from "making
their map available" (hope this is read as in "releasing the stuff under
CC-By-SA, not something crippled like the Yahoo affair?)

Looks like AMD sells map data, so what is their buisiness model after
giving away their maps for free?

Or are there some implications for OSM in this "partnership" ?

Ciao, Imi.