[OSM-talk] Using tile.openstreetmap.org for external applications

Dominic Hargreaves dom at earth.li
Thu Jul 5 10:57:58 BST 2007

On Thu, Jul 05, 2007 at 10:53:59AM +0100, Artem Pavlenko wrote:

> I personally think this would be great. OpenGuides is a perfect fit
> for the OSM data, IMHO.
> If there are some constrains on bandwidth etc you can always setup
> local tile.something.org
> based on official planet.osm.

I would prefer to mirror the tiles from tile.osm.org with rsync, as
that's a much easier solution for mirrors (which also means it'll be
easier to find mirrors in the future) but yes, this in an option too.

What sort of disk space are we talking about for the mapnik tileset on
tile.osm.org?

Dominic.