[OSM-talk] AND donate entire street network of Netherlands to OSM

Martijn van Oosterhout kleptog at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 13:05:41 BST 2007

On 7/5/07, Steve Coast <steve at asklater.com> wrote:
> Martijn, as I've already said I apologise for the tone of the email.
> I wasn't even trying to single you out. Hope I can buy you a beer at
> the conference.

It was an interesting start to the day, given I read the threads out
of order and thus didn't see where it all started until later. I will
be on the opposite side of the world for the next few weeks (planned
months ago) so won't be at SOTM.

> I don't however shirk from the points which I notice remain largely
> unassailed.

I deliberatly didn't say anything about how much work was involved
because I don't know. If this involved months of the negotiation then
good job. I personally think the amount of negativity is overstated; I
don't doubt you have the interests of the project at heart, but you
have to realise this announcement raises a lot of questions. Consider
we have funding and it's got strings attached...

My only real point is: make sure any and all information about this
deal is clarified so that we know where to go next (and can give
credit where credit is due). At the very least this means the order
for more GPSs will be delayed.

Have a nice day,