[OSM-talk] ads removed

Lester Caine lester at lsces.co.uk
Fri Jul 6 15:53:03 BST 2007

Steve Coast wrote:

> I'm not doing this because it's really the right thing to do from a
> scientific perspective, that is, do they have a good cost/benefit
> ratio? As they haven't had the time to see. Instead, it's basically
> because of the opinions expressed here.

Having lived through yahoo taking over egroups and the exponential rise in
advertising until yahoo listened to the complaints, I think people get very
concerned when 'free' projects start opening doors. Raising money to support
the project is not necessarily a bad idea - I just think that it was done the
wrong way and that a little more open discussion would have been appreciated.
It is probably impossible for a takeover of the project like the egroups one,
but creating a system where a take over would be attractive ..........

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL