[OSM-talk] historic=monument - is photo ok?

John McKerrell john at mckerrell.net
Mon Jul 9 08:26:09 BST 2007

On 8 Jul 2007, at 23:28, Ulf Lamping wrote:

> Sebastian Spaeth schrieb:
>>
>> Ulf Lamping wrote:
>>
>>> While I had a nice photo of a cemetery, I got in doubt with
>>> historic=monument.
>>>

>> Because the pics have to be that small on the page they are close to
>> useful. For example the cemetery which you deem nice... I first
>> thought
>> it depicts skyscrapers :-).
> Most of the pictures work well, even if zoomed to a very low level ...
> the cemetery might be a bad example here ;-)
>
> The thing with pictures is: They bind the abstract definitions to a
> real
> world example that most people will find pretty helpful - and human
> beings remember pictures far better than the written word in a table -
> that's because icons have been introduced to computers ;-)
>
> BTW: you can simply click on the picture, to see a larger version.

Just thought I'd add a +1 to this idea, I think it's been nicely
implemented as an extra column, might help if the link had a tooltip
saying "Click for big" or "Click for more information" if there's
another page of info. I also agree that some sort of splitting up of
the map features page is probably needed.

John