[OSM-talk] Illustrating Map Features with Pictures was Re: map features - waterway: Some clarification?!?

Guilhem Bonnefille guilhem.bonnefille at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 13:46:24 BST 2007

On 7/7/07, Francisco R. Santos <frsantos at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 7/7/07, Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 7/7/07, Francisco R. Santos <frsantos at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Well, it is not if there are examples or not all over the world, but
> that it
> > > exists a place, that you can locate easily where you can find everything
> > > (mmm, where can I find a man_made=reservoir_covered in the world right
> > > now?), tagged in the right way. It is a "map by example" for OSM.
> >
> > Grep the planet file, that should turn up a location is fairly short
> order...
>

> Yes, of course there are methods to find it out. The question is, how is
> easier for a newbee?

Furthermore, a newbie (like me) needs a REFERENCE example. I don't
want to see how Toto (an other newbie living near me ;-)) does, but I
want to discover THE GOOD WAY to do things.

So, a reference .osm file (managed under the SVN and updated by all
OSM mentors and living near a collection of PNG file rendering it)
could be a good solution (at least for me).

Regards,
--
Guilhem BONNEFILLE
-=- #UIN: 15146515 JID: guyou at im.apinc.org MSN: guilhem_bonnefille at hotmail.com