[OSM-talk] Square

Renaud Martinet karouf at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 00:25:46 BST 2007

I think the point of having a dedicated tag for plaza/square is that
it conveys meaning: in most French cities (and I would guess in
Italian and Spanish cities too), plazas are important features and
thus should be tagged as such, not only with a pair of tags that just
describe it functionnaly. I would really need such a tag in my city
as there are like 3 or 4 plazas which are important landmarks ans it
wouldn't make sense that they get tagged just as an area dedicated to
pedestrians.

Cheers.
Renaud.