[OSM-talk] Le Tour de France gps tracker

Laurence Penney lorp at lorp.org
Tue Jul 10 19:00:44 BST 2007

My brother went to a "materials in cycling" conference just before the
Tour came to London. He told me that on the most advanced bikes
there's quite a bit of weight allowance left over, since it's now
relatively easy to make a TdF bike under the 6.8 kg minimum weight
(UCI regs). Teams are filling this allowance with gadgets. He only
mentioned physiology telemetry, but GPS would be obvious to add in
there. Car magazines these days use high-end GPS for speed measurement
in road tests, so it could be best for bikes too.

-- L