[OSM-talk] map features: shop items look strange and supermarket should also be moved here?!?

David Earl david at frankieandshadow.com
Tue Jul 10 22:38:31 BST 2007

> Anyway, so I'll change the shop topic into:
>
> bakery
> butchers (is this the common term then?)
> supermarket
>
> and remove supermarket from amenity.

No, please don't do that. There are hundreds of supermarkets tagged as
amenity=supermarket, and the voters on shop specifically asked that
supermarket was not changed.

Supermarkets have only juststarted being rendered on osmarender, and if
they get changed again, osmarender will be playing catch up.

If you want another example, how about shop=bicycle or shop=greengrocer

David