[OSM-talk] RFC map feature highway exit on node

Christof Dallermassl cdaller.hw at gmx.at
Wed Jul 11 10:25:57 BST 2007

Iván Sánchez Ortega schrieb:
> El Miércoles, 11 de Julio de 2007, Christof Dallermassl escribió:

:-) nice mixture of languages :-)

>> please comment on a proposal how to mark motorway exits:
>> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Proposed_features/MotorwayExit
>>
>> I know, we had this topic a couple of weeks ago, but my proposal is to
>> tag nodes, not ways.
>
> I think we already have "highway=motorway_junction" to tag nodes...

motorway_junction is a proposal as well (and is not approved yet) and I
think a motorway_junction is not the same as a motorway_exit.

A "junction" is like a big "autobahnkreuz" (crossing of motorways)
whereas an exit is just the point where a smaller road leaves a bigger one.

cu
Christof