[OSM-talk] New Release: JOSM 1.5 "Hits The Road"
imi at eigenheimstrasse.de
Wed Jul 11 23:29:03 BST 2007
after almost 9 months of more or less JOSM-coding, I finally announce a
new JOSM release. In shortage of a better name and in spirit of the good
old Sam & Max adventure game (which I finished yesterday.. Hurray!), I
hereby call this release: "Hit The Road". :-D
Before I get to the new features, I want to Frederick Ramm, Christof
Dallermassl, Francisco R. Santos, Bruce Cowan, Thomas Walraet, Martijn
van Oosterhout and all the other guys I forgot who send in patches, bug
reports and ideas and who wrote plugins for the community. :-)
Ok, now to the facts:
online-help: F1 (or http://josm.openstreetmap.de/wiki/Help)
Some new features since the last release
* 0.4 complaint. I bet you already noticed that in the latest beta ;-)
* Tons of new modes and tools as split / combine ways, reorder nodes in
a line, reorder segments in a way, (un)select all...
* Better support for plugins. There are over a dozen plugins
already available. A basic plugin downloader has been integrated into
JOSM to ease the plugin installation process. See
http://josm.openstreetmap.de/wiki/Plugins for more
* The MarkerLayer displaying annotations from gpx tracks.
* More visualization options, e.g. drawing the segment ordering number
or drawing boundary rectangles of all downloaded areas.
* HCI improvements as one-time warnings, customization support for the
toolbar on top (including annotation presets), detach the dialogs
on the right, welcome screen, cuter images...
* And of course: fixed tons of bugs.
I hope you enjoy the new release and good mapping.
More information about the talk