[OSM-talk] Ireland coastline - final polish

Martijn van Oosterhout kleptog at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 05:04:51 BST 2007

On 7/11/07, Dermot McNally <dermotm at gmail.com> wrote:
> 1. All-water tiles that the lookup table thinks are land. There are a
> few of these, mostly around the irregular west coast (loads in Galway
> Bay), but also one in Lough Foyle (on the north coast). I don't know
> how to update the lookup table, but there aren't many to fix for
> someone that does.

It's fairly easy to fix for anyone with SVN access, if you don't want
to work it out yourself, send a list of tile numbers and what they
should be and someone can fix them.

> 2. My own errors. For those areas still not rendering correctly (there
> are water filled islands showing in Galway Bay and a little clockwise
> of it at the mouth of Killary Harbour). I have looked to try and spot
> any errors, but I can't find any.
>
> 3. Rendering bugs. I recall that when the current trick for telling
> land from water was new, a number of unusual circumstances triggered
> bugs that could only be fixed within the renderer. Maybe some remain.

Can't help you with these: you'd have to show us actual examples
(links to informationfreeway for example, your names don't tell me
anything)... You did apply the "water on the right" rule?

Have a nice day,