[OSM-talk] Yahoo approves of JOSM plugin (does it require manual adjustment)

John McKerrell john at mckerrell.net
Sat Jul 14 07:29:21 BST 2007

On 14 Jul 2007, at 04:33, Alex Mauer wrote:

> Ulf Lamping wrote:
>
>> While using the landsat stuff, I recognized that there's a shift
>> to the
>> thing's I've tagged.
>>
>> But how do you edit such shifts into JOSM?
>
> I've been doing it by taking any edits I make based on the Yahoo data
> and shifting them "a bit" to the left.  It's not so good, but it works
> (more or less).  I was hoping that the YWMS plugin for JOSM would/will
> be able to take an offset into account, but it's not available for
> download. (yet?)

Didn't the YWMS just act as a standalone WMS, which worked with the
WMS plugin? If so I think the WMS plugin will allow you to shift the
aerial layer to match the data.

As the guy in Metro Manila has noted, Yahoo definitely seem to have
improved their aerial coverage since they originally said we could
use their data. I'm definitely looking forward to making use of this
with JOSM as they've added Liverpool now.

John