[OSM-talk] DB server down?

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Mon Jul 16 07:48:15 BST 2007

In message <200707141948.24756.ranaldo at unina.it>
          Nicola Ranaldo <ranaldo at unina.it> wrote:

> On Saturday 14 July 2007 15:09:58 Andy Allan wrote:
> > On 7/14/07, Nicola Ranaldo <ranaldo at unina.it> wrote:
> > > API download not working for me, after a long timeout i got an internal
> > > server error (i tryied with very small areas too).
> >
> > Yeah, me too. Hopefully someone at the conference will notice, but
> > they are probably busy :-)
>
> I think the conference is a major reason to keep services up and running.
> Let's wait for admins,  it may be that actual servers problems need more then
> just five minutes :(

The DB server was fine (it usually is) and the problem (such as it
was) was with the web server. It was actuallu running but had big
queues so many requests would time out.

Me being away for the week before the conference didn't really help
matters it has to be said, as the problem would doubtless have been
resolved before the conference if I had been online.

I believe I fixed the problem last night, and it has been gradually
improving since. It is looking like it is coping OK this morning.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)
http://www.compton.nu/