[OSM-talk] Deprecation/move of incorrect tags

Andy Allan gravitystorm at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 12:14:43 BST 2007

On 7/17/07, Alex L. Mauer <hawke at hawkesnest.net> wrote:

> OK, and what about a generic thing-that-is-not-a-road (i.e. path or
> trail)?  My point is that there *is no way to tag that* currently,

highway = footway? highway=track?

I don't understand what linear-feature-for-travelling you can't
currently tag *at all* with one of the "highway" list. Maybe you have
a specific example, and you could provide a full description and/or
photos.

(Sure, footway in other contexts would probably mean "sidewalk" or
"pavement", and sure, you could call it highway=footpath instead, but
that's not the current convention.)