[OSM-talk] Results from license debate - assing (c) to OSMF

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Tue Jul 17 13:56:31 BST 2007

In message <ba132d9b5d22feafc47892c5d4d86d91 at acrewoods.net>
        Tom Chance <tom at acrewoods.net> wrote:

> They both sound great to me. One quick question if I'm right so far - will
> the OSMF be developing a formal membership system with democratic
> structures to ensure that we can collectively make decisions about
> licensing and so on once we've individually assigned our copyright (or
> whatever the correct legal move is)?

It has a formal membership system (it exists and you can join it) and
some sort of democratic structure as defined by the articles and/or
memorandum of association.

The only slight glitch is that short of paying Companies House for a
copy we don't know what the formal structure is ;-) Somebody told me
at the conference that it had been put on the wiki while I was away
last week, but I just looked and can't see it.

Hopefully the AGM in a few weeks can sort some of these things out.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)
http://www.compton.nu/