[OSM-talk] Introduction - Cloud Amber

Richard Thurbin richard at cloudamber.com
Wed Jul 18 12:15:31 BST 2007

Hi all.

I have been working with Peter Miller of ito! for many years now and he
suggested I introduce myself.

My business partner (James Hewetson) and I set up a company called Cloud
Amber late last year. Our products enable Traffic Managers to model, monitor
and control the environmental effects of travel as well as reducing
congestion to maximise the use of a limited road network. From this same
data source Cloud Amber provide products and services relating to accidents,
roadworks, congestion, air quality and the state of the road network in
general to empower road users to make informed travel decisions to avoid
congestion hotspots.

Peter introduced James and I to OpenStreetMap and since then we continue to
be impressed by the data sets growth. It wont be long before we seriously
consider using the data in our commercial application. Only this week have
we won a local government tender for the provision of public and private
transport information covering over 1.2m people. The customer is very
interested about the potential of using OpenStreetMap to enhance data sets
with cycling, walking, accessibility and other model information, allowing
travellers to make a more informed decision.

Cloud Amber would like to support the OpenStreetMap project by offering a
donation to help with some of the legal aspects of using the data (more in
legal-talk).

Any questions feel free to drop me a line.

--
Richard Thurbin   www.cloudamber.com   07917 704 145