[OSM-talk] OSM data in use

Steve Chilton S.L.Chilton at mdx.ac.uk
Wed Jul 18 13:37:37 BST 2007

Following on from SOTM conf I am hoping to be able to showcase OSM data
to fellow cartographers at the Society of Cartographers conference at
Portsmouth University between 3-6 Sept [
http://www.port.ac.uk/special/soc/ ]. To this end I am starting to get
together some examples of folk using OSM data "for real", so to speak,
and preferably in customised formats. I have a couple of examples of my
own cartography with the data but would love to share other people's. I
know of Richard Fairhurst's (could you perhaps send me a ref/example -
off-list - of some of the Burton canal mapping that you referred to at
SOTM?), and also Southglos's work on the Thornbury village website, and
obviously the Nestoria IoW use, and Nick's Freemap site. Can anyone
provide any other examples please (again off-list if preferred)?
Incidentally, having just looked again at Nestoria I think someone
should regenerate the tiles used by them, as they seem to be from the
time that text offsets from roads were a problem. Could someone have a
look please, as it doesn't showcase the IoW OSM data as well as it
might?

Cheers
STEVE

Steve Chilton, Learning Support Fellow
Learning and Technical Support Unit Manager
School of Health and Social Sciences
Middlesex University
phone/fax: 020 8411 5355
email: steve8 at mdx.ac.uk