[OSM-talk] Making editing public by default

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Fri Jul 20 08:17:58 BST 2007

In message <46A03ABB.7060600 at gmail.com>
        Stefan Baebler <stefan.baebler at gmail.com> wrote:

> The announced irreversibility of the action turned me away couple of
> times. But luckily i was tempted enough to try it. Why exactly it needs
> to be irreversible if it is not about the license? Even if it would be
> about the license i should be able to change my mind anytime, affecting
> only my _further_ edits.

I assume that it is not reversible because we can't effectively
reverse it - although the flag in the database will be changed and
all future API queries will not include the user's name, it will
still be there in all the old planet dumps.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)
http://www.compton.nu/