[OSM-talk] Making editing public by default

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Fri Jul 20 10:03:04 BST 2007

Hi,

> We can't force the user to make this decision when first creating the
> OSM account, without the possibility to change it later.

Of course we can. As long as the terms are clear to the person
signing up... nobody *has* to participate, and we don't even publish
their names and so on, just a random screen name they have chosen.
(I'm all for allowing anonymous editing but as long as we force
people to open an account, we should also force them to be
accountable, otherwise we combine the worst of both worlds.)

Bye
Frederik