[OSM-talk] route=ncn and route=bus on same road

mike mike at bristolbeat.co.uk
Fri Jul 20 10:23:11 BST 2007

I have been using route=ncn to tag roads that a cycle route goes along,
which seems to work fine.

I recently added a bus route with the same method, using route=bus.  OK so
far.

However, at one point my bus and cycle route pass along the same stretch of
road.  In JOSM, I seem to be allowed only one route=x tag - if I try to add
another bus / ncn then it overwrites the other.

Going forward, we could easily have several cycle / bus / pubcrawl or
whatever sharing the same way.

In addition, I'd like to add extra info about the route e.g. ncn_ref=N3
ncn_name=West Country Way bus_name=Chew Valley Explorer

I think I may be making these last few tags up, but hopefully it
demonstrates the issue - can someone recommend a solution?