[OSM-talk] SVG support on wiki?

frankie roberto frankie at frankieroberto.com
Sun Jul 22 12:51:35 BST 2007

Is there any chance we can add SVG support to the wiki, like is used
on Wikipedia sites?

Details on the MediaWiki support are here:
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/SVG_image_support and
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:%24wgSVGConverters

It would allow SVG files to be uploaded, and then either pre-rendered
by a server-side library, or displayed inline on the page, depending
upon user preferences.

Would be really useful for uploading maps that people can download and
edit, and for my Pictogram project (which you're welcome to join).

Think you can choose which server-side library to use. For our
purposes, I guess Inkscape would be best?

Cheers,

Frankie