[OSM-talk] Regents Park

Sun Jul 22 23:02:23 BST 2007

Steve Chilton wrote:

> Something weird has happened to Regent's Park data. I am sure it
> was complete.
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/?
> lat=51.52994744269557&lon=-0.1515471825277712&zoom=15
> Could someone with ability to revert perhaps get the correct data
> back?

Eek, not again.

The reason Regent's Park keeps getting hit is that it has low node/
segment/way ids. This is where the project started; this is where
segment 1, node 1 etc. actually are. So every time a tool
malfunctions, or someone decides to hand-edit a JOSM file and
renumber the negative ids to positive, it wipes out Regent's Park.

If you look at the source for http://www.openstreetmap.org/api/0.4/
node/2, for example, it's talking about something created on the 12th
Feb this year - which is pretty unlikely for node 2.

I do wonder (and I know it's a horrid kludge) whether we could
restore the originals and then add some code to automatically reject
any edits for nodes, segments or ways with an id under 100.

cheers
Richard