[OSM-talk] People's Map

Steve Chilton S.L.Chilton at mdx.ac.uk
Mon Jul 23 13:08:22 BST 2007

I think it is a mis-classified version of the A432, but yes a wonderful
example of the poor quality of the data.

I am also intrigued by the vertical white road from the M4 down through
"o" of Mangotsfield.

Suspect that is actually a grid line mis-classified as a road.

Maybe a question on "how did you get this data?" to them would be good.
I know there was some conspiracy theory on IRC when site was announced.

Maybe auto-vectorising of some data or other has introduced such data
errors.

You can find pretty good examples of roads in the sea etc if you look
around.

One good example on coast road NE from Avonmouth, just south of Severn
Bridge:

http://www.peoplesmap.com/?y=188330&x=356506&level=8&layer=PEOPLESMAP

Cheers

STEVE

Steve Chilton, Learning Support Fellow
Learning and Technical Support Unit Manager
School of Health and Social Sciences
Middlesex University
phone/fax: 020 8411 5355
email: steve8 at mdx.ac.uk