[OSM-talk] Mapping floods (was Re: BBC Berkshire's Google Maps flood mashup)

OJW streetmap at blibbleblobble.co.uk
Tue Jul 24 20:15:31 BST 2007

On Tuesday 24 July 2007 11:51, frankie roberto wrote:
> If there was a simple interface allowing you to (collaboratively?)
> draw areas of water on top of a street map, that'd be pretty
> interesting/useful right now!

Interesting idea... ;)

On my SketchMap page, you can now mark your maps as "public" (so that anyone
can draw on them), or allow a list of other users to sketch on your map, and
things like that.

I've set this one up so that anyone who's logged-in to the sketchmap site can
draw areas of flooding onto a map of the Gloucester area:

http://almien.co.uk/Sketch/view.php?id=46

So yeah, if that's the type of mashup that would be useful, try it out...

Refresh the various pages in your browser if you want to get other people's
latest changes. (you might need to do shift-refresh or similar, so that it
gets the latest copy of the image)

Again, this whole "everyone can sketch at once" thing is still a bit of an
experiment...