[OSM-talk] Correct way to show wooded and marsh areas

Dave Stubbs osm.list at randomjunk.co.uk
Wed Jul 25 16:24:33 BST 2007

On 25/07/07, Brent Easton <b.easton at exemail.com.au> wrote:
> I tried an area with "natural=wood" as per map features pages, but this seems to be ignored by osmarender (via JOSM plugin). "landuse=forest" seems to have produced the desired result. I have a large marsh also but "natural=marsh" also produces no result.

natural=wood, landuse=wood, landuse=forest should all be rendered the
same on the mapnik layer of the slippy map.

For tiles at home the any combination of natural/landuse=wood/forest
should render the same.

I haven't used the osmarender plugin for josm in ages. It probably has
an outdated version of the styles file.

Nothing renders marshes at the moment.