[OSM-talk] Potlatch and the destruction of good work (N6 Ireland)

Thu Jul 26 10:41:02 BST 2007

David Earl wrote:

> BTW, I used Potlatch to make a quick change to a street name that I'd
> got wrong yesterday. I wasn't clear: do you update with every character
> change, or do I have to move the focus out of the field for the change
> to happen, so if I type the new name and close the browser, has my
> change happened or not?

Basically, it saves a way whenever you deselect it. So if you type and
then close the browser immediately, the change won't have been saved,
I'm afraid.

I'd like to create some static online docs for Potlatch, clearly
flagged to the first-time user, to explain some of the things like
this - and, as you say, the point that you're changing live data. If
this was flagged prominently on first load (e.g. in the otherwise
blank tags panel) then it might help newbies.

cheers
Richard