[OSM-talk] wikipedia tag?

Jon Bright jon at siliconcircus.com
Sat Jul 28 13:59:19 BST 2007

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to be posting (maybe the Wiki
talk page on tagging would have been better?)

I learned of the existence of openstreetmap last week and have now
recorded some traces (from a few variations of my daily route to work)
and added a bunch of ways in, around and between Herdecke and
Sprockhövel, Germany.

Near to one of the ways in Sprockhövel, there's the Zeche Alte Haase
[1].  It's an old mine, operated during various periods over 400 years.
  It's no longer in operation and is now being converted into various
business and residential units.  I've created an area for it and have
added a name tag.  Thinking about future navigation system
possibilities, I'm guessing having the name in the data isn't a bad
thing.  There's a lot more to this object than just as a destination for
navigation, though.  That said, none of the tags on the OSM Wiki's tags
page seemed appropriate.

It occurred to me that it might be good to add a "wikipedia" tag with
the address of the Wikipedia article about the Zeche.  It seemed that,
as a link between two wiki-style projects, this would be somehow fitting.

Is tagging things with a wikipedia tag or similar something that other
people think would be worthwhile?  Should I take this
discussion/suggestion elsewhere?

--
Jon

[1]: http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zeche_Alte_Haase