[OSM-talk] wikipedia tag?

Christoph Eckert ce at christeck.de
Sat Jul 28 14:36:34 BST 2007

Hi,

> It occurred to me that it might be good to add a "wikipedia" tag with
> the address of the Wikipedia article about the Zeche.  It seemed
> that, as a link between two wiki-style projects, this would be
> somehow fitting.

the idea is cool, and there already has been some discussion on this
issue. IMHO the other way around would be much better. If Wikipedia
provided an API to ask if there are articles for a certain geolocation,
we didn't need to enter and maintain all the URLs.

Example:
http://www.geonames.org/export/wikipedia-webservice.html

You can also search the archives based on the subject "Wikipedia
Integration".

Best regards,

ce