[OSM-talk] traffic signals at dual-carriageway and complicated intersections

Brent Easton b.easton at exemail.com.au
Tue Jul 31 06:36:43 BST 2007

I think it has been mentioned before, but I think the only real answer is that the middle square of the intersection becomes it's own way with a 'junction=traffic_lights' tag.

The renderers can than display just one symbol at the c.o.g. of the junction way. This reflects the reality that there is only one junction with one 'set' of lights, not 4 seperate junctions, each with their own set of lights.

This also works where a divided road is crossed by a single way, the short line connecting the two ways would be created as it's own way with 'junction=traffic_signals'.

Brent.