[OSM-talk] latin america

graham graham at theseamans.net
Tue Jul 31 20:41:07 BST 2007

Hi all (sobretudo los espanoles!),

I was looking at the world map and wondering why Latin America was so
empty (apart from Sao Paolo!). So I asked some Latin American free
software people and was told 'we have some collaborative mapping efforts
, but they all have proprietary licenses, like this:

http://www.proyectomapear.com.ar/ '

So, I was going to suggest that they work on openstreetmap instead. But
then I looked at the site and found that although we have a spanish
language front page, that's all there is. I can't find a spanish mailing
list or anything to help Spanish-speaking newbies. But I know there's a
lot going on in Spain, so how do the Spanish mappers manage? IS there a
separate web site or mailing list I missed?

Thanks
Graham