[OSM-talk] Segments, ways and order

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Tue Jul 31 22:05:22 BST 2007

Hi,

>> However, unless you're using Oracle which has GIS and topology support,
>
> Interesting... can you say more?

No, I'm just re-iterating advertising blurb ;-) during the research for
Jochen's and my data model paper I looked at what the PostGIS topology
people were doing (their project seems to have died), and in conjunction
with their efforts found some postings that said, more or less, that
Oracle had a good implementation of topology-support for their GIS
stuff, and that the PostGIS people were trying to emulate that (or at
least using it as a benchmark they wanted to achieve). I thought that if
the PostGIS folks say Oracle does something well then it would probably
be true.

I've never used Oracle GIS myself.

Bye
Frederik