[OSM-talk] altitude information

Martijn van Oosterhout kleptog at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 09:14:56 BST 2007

On 5/31/07, Christoph Eckert <ce at christeck.de> wrote:
> I even can imagine rendering streets in 3D. In this case, altitude
> information on the nodes describing a way will make life much easier
> for the renderers.

Really? It seems to me that if you're rendering streets in 3D, you
really also want to know the heights of everything even where there
are no nodes.

Look, I'm not suggesting forbidding heights on nodes, I'm just saying
that simply copying altitude data from another layer and storing it in
the nodes is silly. Have a base layer that describes altitude for
every place on the planet, then allow individual nodes to override *if
necessary*.

Hae a nice day,