[OSM-talk] OSM mailing list stats

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Fri Jun 1 12:17:17 BST 2007

Hi,

> Question remains though: are those ppl who are editing interested in
> (technical or generic) project news or do they just want to map? I
> wouldn't be surprised if it is the latter. If so it would indicate the
> project is slowly growing out of it's infancy from the userbase
> point of
> view...

We should have, at the very least, a low-traffic channel we can use
to talk to everyone who is editing, for important news. Such a
channel will then also require someone to decide what information to
send on the channel (could be done wiki-style with a bit of discipline).

We'd then make sure that editors like JOSM and Potlatch show the
latest info in a popup or so if something has changed since the
user's last login. Ideally, a database flag would tell us when the
user read the news last, but at least those editors with access to
the file system could also store this in a properties file.

Bye
Frederik