[OSM-talk] Fwd: segments showing way off the mapped area

Håkon Enger hakon.enger at fys.uio.no
Sun Jun 3 19:45:27 BST 2007

On Sun, 3 Jun 2007, Nic Roets wrote:

> Could this be related to your observation ?

[...]
> Totally unaware where in the world are the segments, I used the
> "download from osm" button from JOSM and clicking at the map tab (see
> 4.png [4]).  The segments are somewhere in northern Europe (was it Sweden or
> Norway)!

Yes, obviously this is the same problem. I'm sorry, I must have missed
that post from Maning. I still don't understand how this happened though.
Is this a sign of some general instability in the OSM database? If I
search for one of the way names in the name finder, it tells me that it's
in England...

http://www.frankieandshadow.com/osm/?find=Matahimik

   Håkon