[OSM-talk] Potlatch wayss with negative ID's

Mon Jun 4 15:47:51 BST 2007

David Groom wrote:

> Is there anyway to force these to be uploaded again ( I have tried adding
> tags on the way and changing existing tags, but this doesn't force the way
> to get a valid ID)
>
> Or do I simply have to close the browser, loose the ways that I was trying
> to create, and then open Potlatch again, and draw the way from scratch?

At present you do, yes. When you first try to upload a new way,
Potlatch sets its "uploading" flag, and won't upload that way again
until it's received a response from the server. (This was a change
introduced the other week to stop duplicate ways being created.)

Clearly in the circumstances you describe, this causes problems (I
encountered this the other day, too). But I'm unsure how to address
it. Should it just forget the "uploading" flag after, say, 1 minute,
so you can retry?

cheers
Richard