[OSM-talk] Bounding boxes?

Berto 'd Sera berto.d.sera at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 02:10:47 BST 2007

Hoi!

Bear with dumb me, since I'm probably making very silly questions. I managed
to start JOSM and import what I can trace from the good sat pics on the
online applet. I know the places pretty well, so I don't even need to go
there.

A first sketch of Kiev's commercial river port should be here:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/edit.html?lat=50.422958143059475&lon=30.5626290
23724043&zoom=16

My problem is that I cannot seem to define anything but segments, whereas I
need to define an area of navigable water. Been googling hi and low, and I'm
still unable to find out how to do it.

The only sound-alike I could find is "bounding box", but I have no clue at
how you define one in JOSM and the wiki entry for BB is red... Can anyone
enlight me? :)

Berto 'd Sera
Skype: berto.d.sera
Personagi dl'ann 2006 per l'arvista american-a Time (tanme tuti vojaotri)
http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1569514,00.html