[OSM-talk] JOSM's Intensive Upper Body Workout

Ben Robbins ben_robbins_ at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 6 04:23:48 BST 2007

Hi,

I'm phisically exsausted after running around my keyboard and mouse for the
last few hours due to some new feature in JOSM, combined with 2 other
problems that have been around for a while.

Today I got the latest JOSM, and its got the feature where when adding tags
the value box gets automatically filled.  I now have to select and delete
this before typing in the value.  Its really really slowing me down editing.
  Is there a way to turn this off, or ideally have the drop down, but only
auto complete when I type.  (I do like the idea if only it would leave me
alone when I don't need it)

I'll take this oportunity to also ask if could be possible to have the
option to have multiple N shortcuts again (preferably just the 2 with shift
N for the 3 newer function), rather than being forced to use shift N.  the
shift N shortcut is again very ineficent and slows down editing quite a bit.
  I only updated to a new JOSM when the old versions stopped working wich is
why I'm only asking this now, but after a month ish of using this shift N
shortcut I have got used to it, but its still quite a long winded shortcut.

Finally could there be a keyboard shortcut for turning on and off the 'draw
direction Arrow' tick box in Display settings?  I often like to quickly turn
them on and off for various reasons, and again this takes more clicks than
nessesery to do currently.

Ideally a fully customizable set of shortcuts would be possible, as there
are quite a few wrist breaking combo's currently in JOSM, but for the moment
I'll leave it at just those 3 requests.

Thanks

Ben