[OSM-talk] Potlatch: do I need to save my edits?

Fri Jun 8 12:12:00 BST 2007

Bèrto 'd Sèra wrote:

> It happened twice in a row. The first time I did pronounce a huge
> load of
> four letter words, but I sent the bill to my own self, since I had to
> runaway from the comp to assist my wife and I thought I had simply
> done something wrong while being in a hurry. When I saw happening
> twice I decided I'd better ask.

There's the problem described here:
http://trac.openstreetmap.org/ticket/473

i.e. if your login expires, then Potlatch will blithely carry on but
not warn you that nothing is being saved.

There's also the more general issue that, if the server is
unresponsive and the first upload fails, Potlatch won't save the way
at all because it's still waiting for the first upload to complete.

David Groom pointed out a workaround for this:
http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk/2007-June/014379.html

but I'm working on a proper solution.

You can always tell whether a way has uploaded or not by clicking on
it and looking at the ID (bottom left) - negative means not uploaded,
positive means uploaded.

cheers
Richard