[OSM-talk] urban surveying speed - can it be estimatedaspopulation per hour?

Steve Ratcliffe sr at parabola.me.uk
Fri Jun 8 12:17:55 BST 2007

On Thu, Jun 07, 2007 at 05:00:47PM +0100, Barnett, Phillip wrote:
> Actually I've just tried installing it, and it doesn't work on my Garmin
> Legend Cx, so I've reverted back to my old map.

Hi,

It seems taht the UK map has grown so much over the last few months that
it is now overflowing a section in the .img file.  I've increased it
and produced the following file:

	http://www.parabola.me.uk/mkgmap/uk-070530.img

This displays fine in QLandkarte,  but there is another
problem as on my Garmin device the whole London area
does not show up.

The code used to produce the above file can be seen
at: http://svn.parabola.me.uk/mkgmap/branches/r145

If anyone wants to try out the latest version which has some
support for multiple zoom levels then check out the trunk version
in subversion: http://svn.parabola.me.uk/mkgmap/trunk
Its worked for me in smallish areas, but its nowhere near
releasable yet.  I should have more time to work on it soon.

..Steve