[OSM-talk] multiple overlapping ways or snipped up ways?

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Sun Jun 10 01:10:57 BST 2007

Hi,

> My idea is that a way should have "next" and "prev" properties that
> are other ways that this way can get tags from.

Or you can create a parent object that supplies all tags not explicitly
overridden.

Both ideas will only be workable when the API supports object
relationships. We could do them now, by simply adding a tag named "next"
and using an object id as the value, but without integrity constraints
at database/API level this will lead to dangling links everywhere.

Bye
Frederik