[OSM-talk] Rejected: Landuse=green_space

Anthony osm at inbox.org
Mon Jun 11 14:59:22 BST 2007

On 6/11/07, David Earl <david at frankieandshadow.com> wrote:

> This is the kind of situation I'm trying to deal with:
>
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/index.html?lat=52.22672412022378&lon=0.12798235
> 246826553&zoom=17
> (the green area with Nicholson Way footways)

Why doesn't the term "park" describe that?  In your other message you
mention "the island in the middle of a group of houses".  I can see not
calling that a "park", as it's really more of a "courtyard".  But the link
you give shows an area which isn't enclosed by houses, but only has
buildings bordering it on one side.  I'd have no problem calling that a
"park".

Here's a not particularly good photo of it (not mine!).