[OSM-talk] Rejected: Landuse=green_space

Alex L. Mauer hawke at hawkesnest.net
Mon Jun 11 15:28:06 BST 2007

David Earl wrote:

> I think this is a shame. Again, 3 votes is pathetic and neither opposed the
> principle, just the name of the tag!

What is a good number, if 3 votes is pathetic?

> This means some of us will continue to mark the island in the middle of a
> group of houses inappropriately as a park. I have many dozens of such areas
> in and around Cambridge, and the number is growing to an extent that it will
> be hard to change manually before long.
>
> I will reintroduce this proposal as 'landuse=grass' as that's what the
> voters against wanted, even though it doesn't really describe the concept
> properly: many such islands, corners, breathing spaces have trees and
> shrubbery. If I'd noticed at the time I would have made that comments. But
> the exact tag name really doesn't matter, it's just a word; people do get so
> exercised by what the exact name of tags should be.

Thank you for the comments David.   I read the comments on the proposal
and assumed that there already was a landuse=grass tag, and that the
opposition was asking "why?; this is redundant."  Thank you for
proposing that as a new value.

--
Bad - You get pulled over for doing 90 in a school zone and you're drunk
off your ass again at three in the afternoon.