[OSM-talk] Potlatch update

luka frelih luka at ljudmila.org
Mon Jun 11 15:52:20 BST 2007

> Just committed an update to Potlatch:
> - Added support for non-ASCII characters in keys and values. Please
> let me know how you get on with this, I'm no i18n expert.

i tested this and at least for slovenian it now works as expected.
probably will be the same for most european languages.
thanks a lot for the speedy fix!

> - GPS track display now works (thanks to TomH for squishing the server
> bug). Note that this _won't_ work with previously imported GPS tracks
> (since the Rails port went live) as they're missing a timestamp.

great to see this, and drawing tracks as separate lines properly.
hopefully the old data will appear once the back import finishes?

> - Potlatch now indicates the direction of a way, using a little
> rotating arrow at the bottom left. Alert users will notice that this
> looks like it should be a clickable button. It will be, in time.

this looks cool! i see youve even thought of areas and roundabouts.
but i think the direction is really hard to see (too small)
in that case. may be better to use one bigger, stylized cw/ccw
arrow than the roundabout style sign. actually the repeat
attributes button looks just like that. (and the firefox reload button)
not sure yet what alternate graphic would be most intuitive for repeat
to avoid confusion.

LF