[OSM-talk] Rejected: Landuse=green_space

Martijn van Oosterhout kleptog at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 17:15:40 BST 2007

On 6/11/07, Barnett, Phillip <Phillip.Barnett at itn.co.uk> wrote:
> In practise, nobody (well, maybe except winos) goes on them. They are
> not at all the same thing, and are not used for the same purposes. They
> have signs saying No Ball Games to deter kids playing on them, etc

Odd. Here practically all green areas are "provided and maintained for
recreation" (holland is a bit small to waste space), that's what your
local council is for, to maintain these areas. I can't imagine why
you'd want to stick up a sign "no ball games" but that's a difference
I can imagine marking. (If you don't want kids playing on them, build
a fence).

I just suggest you make the distinction very clear on Map Features,
because otherwise you're going to lose the distinction. green_space
sounds better and I'd possibly accedently use it whereas it doesn't
actually fit your intended meaning. What you appear to mean is
"not_a_public_space".

BTW, there's also a leisure=playground, common and garden. Do we have
down pat exactly how they differ?

Have a nice day,