[OSM-talk] Announce: new version of Validator plugin

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Tue Jun 12 22:05:28 BST 2007

Quico,

> * Check for crossing roads: ways with the tag "highway" that crosses in
> same layer. Fix: none

Perhaps one could also add waterways and railways to this? They should
not cross in the same layer either (and should not cross each other in
the same layer), with the exception of level railways crossings but
these should always have a node "railway=level_crossing".

I have the impression that checking gets slow quickly if you have a lot
of segments. Do you perhaps check each segment against every other
segment and suffer from O(n^2) because of that? Maybe this can be solved
in a tricky way by dividing up the area and then doing checks for those
segments in each bounding box only or so.

> As always, you can download it from [1], and look for information in the
> wiki [2]

I may have missed an earlier post but is the source available somewhere?
Would you perhaps consider putting in in SVN? I can see the validator
plugin becoming quite important and I think it would be good if
everybody could at least add their own checks or make modifications.

Bye
Frederik