[OSM-talk] Splitting ways and building bridges

OJW streetmap at blibbleblobble.co.uk
Thu Jun 14 21:03:10 BST 2007

Now that we're slowly depreciating segments, I assume that the method to mark
a bridge/tunnel is:

* Create a separate "way" for the section of road which is the bridge
* add "layer=" and "bridge=" tags to that section
* make sure the ends of the bridge each connect to only one other way (i.e.
not to a junction)

First of all, is that correct?  Or should we still be adding bridge and layer
tags to segments?

If that is correct, then it means we use tools like "split way" a lot.  (and
when cleaning-up an area, the reorder/reverse tools also get used a lot) - so
can these be mapped to key presses or toolbar buttons in JOSM?