[OSM-talk] Half-mapping

Martijn van Oosterhout kleptog at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 13:41:37 BST 2007

On 6/19/07, Robert (Jamie) Munro <rjmunro at arjam.net> wrote:
> I still don't think unwayed segments are bad. They allow gosmore etc. to
> find shorter routes between places, they clearly indicate that the
> person drawing them is not familiar enough with the area to know where
> the roads start and end etc. The only problems are that potlatch doesn't
> show them and let you fix them, and the much lesser problem that mapnik
> doesn't display them on the default maps.

That's one way in which I think potlatch is worse than the older
editor. It used to be the case that someone could trace segments from
satellite images and it would be obvious from the segments that it's
unfinished.

Now, it automatically makes ways, even though you obviously can't tell
from an image where streets begin and end...

Have a nice day,