[OSM-talk] gosmore on MacOSX

Robert T Wyatt robert.wyatt at mail.utexas.edu
Wed Jun 20 18:10:29 BST 2007

I wanted to offer a simple script for MacOSX that looks for a new
gosmore.cc, Makefile, and planet file then it makes and rebuilds
gosmore, but I can't find a dedicated page on the wiki where this would
be pertinent. I'd like to ask if there is already a place to put this.

fyi, Here's the script:

#!/bin/bash
cd ~/JOSM
rm gosmore.cc Makefile
wget www.rational.co.za/gosmore.cc
wget www.rational.co.za/Makefile
wget planet.openstreetmap.org/planet-070620.osm.bz2
make
bzcat planet-070620.osm.bz2 | ./gosmore rebuild
cd ~/

The script assumes that gosmore resides in a folder named JOSM in the
user's home directory and must be modified with the appropriate date of
the planet file. Note the file containing the script must have the
execute permissions set: chmod 775 filename

Also, the current file has problems on my G4 (but not my dual G5 where
it worked flawlessly):

g++ -O2 `pkg-config --cflags --libs gtk+-2.0` \
                  `[ -e /usr/include/gps.h ] && echo -DUSE_GPSD -lgps` \
                  `[ -d /usr/include/flite ] && echo -DUSE_FLITE
-lflite_cmu_us_kal16 -lflite_usenglish -lflite_cmulex -lflite` \
                   gosmore.cc -o gosmore
gosmore.cc:18:63: error: obstack.h: No such file or directory
gosmore.cc: In function 'void GetDirections(GtkWidget*, void*)':
gosmore.cc:593: error: aggregate 'obstack o' has incomplete type and
cannot be defined
gosmore.cc:594: error: 'obstack_init' was not declared in this scope
gosmore.cc:597: error: 'obstack_printf' was not declared in this scope
gosmore.cc:617: error: 'obstack_printf' was not declared in this scope
gosmore.cc:625: error: 'obstack_printf' was not declared in this scope
gosmore.cc:629: error: 'obstack_1grow' was not declared in this scope
gosmore.cc:637: error: 'obstack_finish' was not declared in this scope
gosmore.cc:638: error: 'obstack_free' was not declared in this scope
make: *** [gosmore] Error 1

Any help is appreciated (I'm using fink and XCode 2.4.1 on MacOS 10.4.9).